A portfolio is a collection of projects. It is also an excellent way to show your work to clients and prospects. To add your portfolio, you first need to add your projects. You can follow the instructions in our Adding a Project tutorial.
You can show your portfolio in many ways. Let see all one by one:
1) Creating a Portfolio page
- In your Admin Panel, look for the Pages tab and click on “Add New”
- Give your portfolio a name
- We have three optional templates to show projects in three different layouts. Select your preferred template between Portfolio 2 Column, Portfolio 3 Column, and Portfolio 4 Column.
2) Portfolio on Homepage
You can show your Portfolio on the Homepage. You can even filter projects to show up in Portfolio based on their project categories.
In your WP Admin Panel, go to => Appearance => Customize > Homepage section settings => Project settings
Here you can set the Title of the portfolio section, its Description, and other settings.
- Hide project section: It should be disabled/unchecked, so the portfolio section can be displayed on the Homepage.
Check the checkbox whenever you want to hide the Portfolio Section.
- Title: Add here the title for your portfolio section.
- Description: Add here the description of your portfolio section.
- Select category for projects: Select the project categories to show only projects from them.
- Select column layout: Select for how many numbers of the project can be shown in one row.
3) Displaying Portfolio in the menu by Project Category
In Quality PRO, you can choose to display your Portfolio Categories as separate pages and add them separately to the menu. There is no limit to the number of categories you can add to your menu. See steps below for more information.
- In the WP Admin Panel, head to Appearance => Menu
- Click on the Screen Options tab to visualize the Portfolio category checkbox
- Activate the Project category checkbox by clicking on the box
- You will now see a list of the Project categories you have created.
- Select all the ones you want to add to your menu
- Click the Add to Menu button.
- Arrange them on your menu as you best like by dragging them
- Click on the Save Menu button before leaving the screen to apply the changes