Upgrading your website’s theme to the latest version. There are several ways to upgrade the themes. You can upgrade the theme with WordPress theme uploader or with FTP. I will guide you in this tutorials for Upgrading theme. Now follow this tutorial steps.
1. Download latest version
If you webriti’s premium member. You can download the latest version of your theme in your account.
2. Uploading the New Version through WP Dashboard
The easiest way to manually update your theme is to upload it via the WP dashboard. Here you can upload your theme using WP-dashboard. Using this method you need to .zip file of your theme. Follow this link for uploading theme. Click Here
The reason we get this error is because you already have a theme folder on your server with the same name as the folder inside your ZIP file.
* Rename the folder
You can either rename the theme folder on your server, or rename the folder inside the zip file.
- Unzip the file on your computer
- Rename the folder (e.g. “appointment-pro”). The folder name must not have spaces in it.
- Compress the new folder to a ZIP file
- Upload it via Appearance => Themes => Install Themes => Upload
- Go to Appearance > Themes and activate the new version
* Delete the theme on your server
If you have done any customization to your theme files, these customization will be lost if you use this method. If you have not done customization to the theme, or you are running a child theme you can:
- Go to Appearance => Themes
- Activate Twenty Eleven (or another theme)
- Delete the old theme
- Upload new version via Appearance => Themes => Install Themes => Upload
- Activate the new version
3. Uploading the New Version through FTP
Login your FTP panel and Go to www.domainname.com /wp-content/themes/your_theme_folder_name/ replace all the files inside the theme folder you are using with the latest files.
NOTE: After the installation theme, If you are facing some error? It seems happen some time, that the code of a particular file gets garbled into one line during uploading FTP. You need to upload again your theme package. If not resolve your issue? If not resolved your issue. You can create discussion on support forum.